Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Erupt!

Its been a bit difficult getting the blog posts in recently as I have had a right stinker of a cold (on and off) for the past two weeks also I've had a lot of work to do, anywho todays post is about a band quite popular on NME.com's New Music section and with good reason i.e. they are actually good and have potential. So what do they sound like? I hear you cry (or possibly moan)...Well now imagine those Arctic Monkeys and Kings Of Leon meeting in a large hall and proceeding to knock the crap out of each other whilst writing some music, there are also some other influences floating around there, their music certainly grabs you by the jugular with many a fast-paced opening, basically its some good ol' rock 'n' roll. I've just realised I haven't mentioned their name yet they are Volcanoes they are currently unsigned, they are from Sheffield and Leeds and they are good as I mentioned above.

MP3s:
Volcanoes-King Of The Hill
Volcanoes-Black and Blue
more on their MySpace

Buy:
all details found on their website

No comments: