Thursday, March 15, 2007

Punk kick-start

Hi there its been a while (10 whole days) since my last post, this has been a result of certain things in my life right now, including but not limited to my dissertation, anyway I thought I'd make a quick post just to say if you happen to be at SXSW right this second (if you are I'm very envious of you by the way) then its well worth checking out a certain Jay Reatard, who essentially combines the punk ethic of The Ramones and Wire with a new wave sound, whilst hardly sounding original does manage to kick a hole in your ear and demand attention, and hes playing at Beerland, Red River Street apparently at 1pm today (although that might have already happened I'm not sure about time difference.

MP3 sample:
Jay Reatard-Hammer I Miss You

Buy:
Jay Reatard-Blood Visions

No comments: